Over 15 years of web and database development, UI/UX design, front-end development, SEO and web monetization.
- LAMP Web Application development
- MySQL database schema design and performance tuning
- User interface/usability design
- User experience workflow
- Search engine optimization
- Microsoft, Apple and Linux Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Google Apps
- Subversion SVN file versioning
- Release management
- Project planning and task assigning and management
- Advertising design and targeting
- Ad publishing, placement and ad-based revenue strategies
- A wide range of text/code editors
- MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Audio and video post production and streaming
- Guitar and bass guitar performance and recording
- Drum, percussion and beat sequencing
- Recording session playing, composition, mixing and mastering
Tools, Technologies and Languages
- FTP, SFTP, SSH
- Crontab and Scheduled Tasks
- Linux and Windows Web Server Configuration
- Text editors raning from EditPlus to Dreamweaver and everything in-between
- MySQL Workbench and PHPMyAdmin
- DirectAdmin Control Panel
Past Work and Notable Achievements
Improving performance and stability while decreasing costs.
Created the next generation version of a web-based risk analysis tool that consumes financial data from multiple reporting services to provide customers with the ability to monitor their customers for creditworthiness. Hosting costs dropped by 70%, stability improved to nearly 100% and speed increased by triple.
Creating a faster ad system with real time ROI reporting for the advertiser.
Designed and developed and very high traffic advertisement publishing system for a large online news publisher, supporting hundreds of thousands of impressions a day with full impression and click through logging and reporting.
More accurate targeting of email campaigns for more effective use of an advertisers budget.
Created an email broadcasting system that queues and sends emails to predetermined demographics from a user database that is millions of rows of users. Demographic choices based on location, age, gender and known personal interests.
Better training, and reporting, for staff, attorneys, and partners, of legal research tools for more effective litigation.
Design and developed a video training system for one of the largest legal publishing firms on earth, including user management, in full hierarchy from those assigning the lessons, to those taking them, including the grading of post lesson quizzes.
Creating safer flights for travelers.
Created a METAR data analysis and VFR reporting system for a major airline in order to have safer flights with a more immediate method of knowing when planes should be grounded, or when planes need pilots with specific non-visual flight training.
Helped small local business grow beyond anything local paper advertising ever had done for them
Was able to build a network of web sites and get search engine rankings in a position where business exploded to the point where he had to upgrade facilities three times, while canceling paper based advertising.
Customers could get from purchase to checkout in half the time
Redesigned the checkout process for an online retailer to make it faster and smoother, and worked it down to half the pages and far less form fields, more logical progression and auto-populating options where applicable. Was later told cart abandonment had dropped by 20%.
Has worked with large search and advertising businesses
Has acted as an external consultant for both Google and Bing in regards to developing their respective advertising systems, application usability, feature set and enhancements.